THREE PEAKS CHALLENGE REVIEW
A huge congratulation to the fifteen people from the West & East Midlands Graham Family including a supplier & customer who took part in the gruelling National Three Peaks challenge on 2nd July 2018. The challenge involved walking to the summit of the three highest mountains in the UK in under 24 hours to raise money for our Together Charity partner, Barnardo’s. The three mountains the team tackled for this great cause were:
- Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Scotland at 1,344m.
- Scafell Pike, the highest mountain in England at 978m.
- Snowden, the highest mountain in Wales at 1,085m.
This was a walking distance of 26 miles and a total driving distance between mountains of 470 miles, so no easy feat!
Graham’s brave challengers were:
Mark Baker – Warehouse and Transport Manager West Midlands
Robert “Rusty” Thompson – Regional Sales Manager
Paul Berry – Contract Sales Manager
Daryl Hollingsworth – Area Inventory Manager
- Dave Parkes – Branch Manager, Coventry (special mention as he decided to go one step further after completing the challenge as he shaved his beloved beard off! Dave made a promise to his customers he’d do it, low and behold he did!)
- Lee Meadows – Branch Manager, Grantham
- Stavros Kyriacou – Branch Manager, Northampton
- Maurice Scane – Branch Manager, Shrewsbury
- Simon Edmunds – Branch Manager, Worcester
- David Moser – Branch Manager, Kettering
- Richard George – Estimator Midlands
- Martin Kempson – Estimator Midlands
- Paul Whitehouse – National, Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager
- Richard Waters – Mueller Tube
- Harry Turner – Belvoir Estates (Grantham customer)
The team has raised over £6,000 for Barnardo’s which is absolutely amazing. There’s still time to donate via their JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/graham3peakschallenge